So each year – before a very heavy evening of glitz, glamour and festive excess (aka our Christmas bash) – team Definition does just that.
The last year has been a bit of a roller-coaster for us – as well as the nation. The ‘B’ word, elections and economic uncertainty have all played a part. But in the midst of the Brexit maelstrom, we (thankfully) have a lot to be proud of. New name, new clients, new services, new awards have all featured in our year. As well as a raft of brilliant work that underlines our values – to think differently, advise wisely, support positively and deliver consistently.
Here are our Top 10 Defining Moments of 2019…
- Launching Definition – although we only launched our new name and brand a year ago it feels like a well-tailored suit we’ve been wearing for years. We took a huge risk potentially losing the respected brand equity we’d created over the last 14 years in Acceleris and Limelight, but it was the right move. It unified us and launched us into an exciting new phase, achieved national news coverage and better represents our belief in the power of reputation as a driver of personal and business opportunity.
- We’ve raised the bar on the type of work we are doing and have won competitive tenders for global campaigns against some of the largest industry networks – Petronas, Hillebrand, 2Heads, haysmacintyre and TalkTalk’s FibreNation all joined us this year.
- Moving our Northern team into fantastic offices at One Park Row – a stone’s throw from Channel 4’s new HQ in Leeds – has put us in the heart of the City’s buzzing business community and saw us win a brilliant new client – Audacia – in our first week.
- Generating A BILLION (yeh baby – that’s a BILLION!) opportunities to see or hear about new client Benenden Health in our first six months alone – working closely with its fantastic marketing team. When you work collaboratively, fantastic things happen…
- Delivering an award winning campaign spanning event management, media, lead generation and promoted content for Manifesto along with The Times, Revolut and Tortoise, which saw the London and New York growth consultants secure 35 new business meetings, leveraging their expertise on the theme of ‘Making Money from the Membership Economy’ and delivering industry speaker opportunities alongside Netflix and Google.
- Bagging a phenomenal 200 pieces of coverage in two days for the Shipwrecked Mariners’ Society – including every national newspaper – topped off by the BBC ranking our work in its top three stories of the week.
- Being recognised in seven industry awards including three for ‘Outstanding Agency’ and winning Gold at PRide for Best Event – taking our total to nearly 70.
- Being appointed by Petronas and working alongside the Kuala Lumpur team on a product launch which not only delivered international media exposure including Bloomberg & BBC World Service, but also saw members of the Definition team testing out their talents (or lack of) on the skid pan experience at Mercedes-Benz World.
- Launching our new Food & Drink and Digital offerings – to keep our service lines and expertise constantly evolving, relevant and commercially driven.
- And last but by no means least, continuing to support our frankly amazing team via the Definition Academy, focusing on careers not jobs and confirming five promotions in the last six months alone.
As we look ahead with 2020 vision (sorry) we’re once again focused on the future. In the words of Michelangelo (the artist, not the turtle) ‘The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it’.
We’re thinking big in 2020. Hope you are too. Here’s to more defining moments for us all.